Thursday 20 December 2012

The Tao of The Mustard Tiger: Introduction

Many people drift aimlessly through existence, racing like neutrinos through the ether, with no moral guidance, no direction, no way of knowing if their path to happiness is the correct one. Some people cannot even fathom such a beautiful path. Life is a burden for such people and the magic that is humanity is completely lost and foreign to them.

Indeed most people never find that something in their life that truly makes them not only happy but fulfilled.  It is rare that someone can say they love their life all the way down to a subatomic level.  That even their double- helixed DNA strands have smiles. These people have found that something, whether it be family, true love, a quiet park bench or even picking a banjo on the front porch, that creates this sense of wonderment and inner peace.

It has taken me 37 years to discover this path to true happines, this cure to an empty life. It is not religion. Its not meditation. Its not even strumming a banjo. No. For me, I have discovered that everything that is good in my life can be traced back to decisions I have made that have been influenced by the wisdom of the Trailer Park Boys (TPB). 

TPB may have started out as a mockumentary style comedy but as the show evolved, so too did the world around me. From Ricky`s love of his family to Julian`s loyalty to the trailer park to even J-ROC`s drive to succeed as a gangsta rap star, TPB has given me a completely different outlook on life and has helped me through some difficult decisions that previous to the show, I may have, as Ricky would put it, fucked it up.

This blog, which I hope to one day publish, will chronicle not just my life as it relates to TPB but hopefully will allow you, the reader, to look upon life in a more open and understandable fashion. I am not saying that I have unlocked the key to enlightenment or that what will follow will even be helpful to all who read it. I am simply outlining what TPB has meant to me and how, if you choose to listen, you too may find love and harmony from the teachings of Ricky, Julian, Bubbles and the rest of the drunken gang from Sunnyvale.

No comments:

Post a Comment